Updated: Jun 6, 2019
Apple has officially unveiled the iOS 13, iPadOS, macOS Catalina, watchOS 6, and tvOS 13 at WWDC 2019. Although the latest software from Apple won't be available until the fall, developers can get their hands on the beta right now.
Many of you might not want to wait that long and want to try the latest software for yourself. However, this year, Apple has made it harder to download beta than in previous years. Follow the steps carefully in order to download the beta properly.
Warning: Download the betas at your own risk. This is unreleased software and will have bugs. Before you download, make sure you do the following:
- First of all, check that your device supports the latest software:
iOS 13: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max
iPadOS: iPad Air 2 and later, all iPad Pro models, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later
macOS Catalina: all Macs introduced in mid-2012 or later
watchOS 6: Apple Watch Series 1 or later paired with iPhone 6s or later running iOS 13 or later
tvOS 13: Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Make sure to backup your device! Anything can go wrong and you risk losing all your data.
- For this next step, you will need a Mac. If you don't own a Mac, you're out of luck. If you do, visit developer.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then proceed to the downloads page and download the Xcode 11 beta. Yes, the Xcode 11 beta is required in order to proceed with the process. You can't install the beta without it.
- Now that you have completed the backup and downloaded the Xcode 11 beta, visit betaprofiles.com and download the iOS 13 IPSW file. Once you select your device, you will be directed to a Google Drive download page. Don't download the file just yet, it won't work. Instead, save the file to your Google Drive. Once that is done, visit the 'Recent' tab within your Google Drive and make a copy of the file. Then open the file copy and proceed to download the file.
- Once you have downloaded the IPSW file, connect your device and open iTunes. Click on the device icon and hold down the option/alt key on your keyboard and click on "Check for Update."
- Select the IPSW file and a pop-up window should appear to confirm the new update.
- That's it! Complete all the prompts that follow to complete the process.